SAF Madanjeet Singh Scholarships are being
offered to promote regional cooperation and lifelong secular learning
that emphasizes humanism and celebrates the rich heritage of South
Asias unity in diversity at all levels and sections of the
The following guidelines are meant for
Indian students only.
1. A student must be a SAF member. Click
here to become a SAF member.
2. Scholarships are available to Indian
nationals permanently living in India only.
3. Young men and women who have been selected
for admission to a Postgraduate or Vocational Training Programme
being offered by the following Indian open universities, are eligible
for the scholarship scheme:
Aligarh Muslim University, Centre for Distance
Guru Nanak Dev University, Centre for Distance Education
Jamia Hamdard University, Centre for Distance Education
Jammu University, Centre for Distance Education
Kashmir University, Centre for Distance Education
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad,
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Karnataka State Open University, Mysore, Karnataka
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Nalanda Open University, Patna, Bihar
Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata, West Bengal
Tamilnadu Open University, Chennai, Tamilnadu
UP Rajashri Tandon Open University, Allahabad, UP
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, Kota, Rajasthan
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik, Maharashtra
4. Students should not be over the age
of 30 years on the date of selection.
5. Parental income including the income
of the student, in case student is employed, should not exceed Rs.120,000/-
6. Students should not be engaged in other
Higher Educational Programmes in other universities/institutes.
7. Eligible candidates must complete an
application form for scholarship. Click
here to download the form (Adobe
Reader required) or contact
the SAF Madanjeet Singh Scholarship Coordinator at the participating
university where the student got admission.
8. Submit the completed application with
supporting documents to the SAF Madanjeet Singh Scholarship Coordinator
of the concerned university within two weeks of getting admission.
9. Selection will be based on the academic
excellence, social and economic background and performance in the
10. If a learner engages in a business
or employment during the course of studies which increases the family
income level during the relevant period will result in the discontinuation
of the scholarships.
11. A learner will have to undertake to
enroll at least 30 new members to SAF membership, before he/she
is awarded diploma/certificate/degree.
12. Each scholarship will be Rupee equivalent
of US$ 100-300 per annum.
13. Students selected for scholarships
will have to open a bank account to which scholarship money will
14. The tenure of scholarship will be limited
to the minimum duration of the programme for which the scholar is
registered. (viz. Diploma – 1 year; MA/ M.Sc. – 2 years).
15. Continuation of the scholarship is
subject to satisfactory performance in the preceding year and good
conduct, which will be monitored by the SAF-Madanjeet Singh Scholarship
Cell in every University, Chief Scholarship Coordinator, SAF-Madanjeet
Singh Scholarship Scheme, and SAF-India.
16. A student should have been accepted
to an eligible programme of an Open University.
17. Apply for the SAF Madanjeet Singh Scholarships.
18. Obtain a proof of the family income
of the parents including student's own income if he/she is employed.
19. The shortlisted candidates will then
be informed about the interview which will be conducted by the University
and a SAF representative. Candidates will have to attend interview
at their own cost on the prescribed date. No request for change
of the interview date will be entertained.
20. The names of candidates recommended
by a state open university will be reviewed by the Chief Scholarship
Coordinator for adherence to norms. The names of candidates finally
approved by the Chief Scholarship Coordinator of the award of scholarship
shall be final.
21. The decision communicated to the student
on the selection for the scholarship shall be final. And no applicant
or parties on the applicant’s behalf can prefer any claim of whatsoever